Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Childhood cancer heroes







Childhood cancer heroes..
There are many kids suffering from childhood cancer each day, and there are kids who survive from childhood cancer also. 



What Cancer Cannot Do
Author: Unknown
Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love.

It cannot shatter hope.

It cannot corrode faith.

It cannot eat away peace.

It cannot destroy confidence.

It cannot kill friendship.

It cannot shut out memories.

It cannot silence courage.

It cannot reduce eternal life.

It cannot quench the Spirit.



~The video above is about a 16 year old boy (Max) who has been fighting childhood cancer for many years and he is still fighting it right now, he also participates in a fundraiser for childhood cancer call Alex's lemonade stand.









http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM9GbaSsUaE&feature=channel
~The video above is about a young girl named Alex who started a lemonade stand for research on childhood cancer, she is one of many childhood cancer heroes. 


What i discovered about childhood cancer heroes is they never stop fighting, and keep the battle going.

The Facts of Childhood Cancer

         ~Cancer remains the number one disease that claims the lives of our children. Each year cancer kills more children under the age of 20 than asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and AIDS combined.

                  ~Each year in the U.S., approximately 12,500 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer. That’s the equivalent of two average size classrooms diagnosed each school day.




THE ANGEL

By Kayleigh Rengger

I’ll be the angel watching over you,
The one who really cares,
I’ll be the one to guide you through,
The one who’s always there.

I’ll be the angel you can trust,
When you feel you’re the only one,
I’ll be the one to help you see,
That life should involved some fun.

I’ll be the angel to help you see,
That you don’t have to cope all alone,
I’ll be the one, yes only me,
To provide you with a loving home.

I’ll be the angel to tell all your troubles,
I’ll be forever in your heart,
So when you feel you’re in need of a cuddle,
Just remember, I’m never too far.

I’ll be the angel watching over you,
The one who really cares,
I’ll be the one to guide you through,
The one who’s always there.





10 comments:

Kelsey J. said...

I learned that a hero is someone who never stops fighting, like kids with cancer,

Christina said...

When I was reading about your hero project, I learned that you should never give up and always live your life to the fullest.

Ansley said...

I learned that being a hero is never giving up and always knowing that there is a brighter side to every situation.

andrea said...

I learned that a hero is not only a person that does good deeds, but that also keeps a good attitude during tough times and touches the lives of other people.

Charlie B. said...

A a hero never gives up is what i took away from this reading

Anna C said...

I learned that if you don't give up you can be a great hero to others

Kirstin C said...

I learned that a hero is a survivor, because they go through many things that could have killed them.

Kelly said...

I learned that a hero can be someone who never stops fighting. And they always live life to the fullest.

Katherine B. said...

I learned that being a hero is sometimes offering a helping hand and supporting someone going through tough times.

Ms. Roehl said...

Great job! I liked all the images and poems.