Sunday, January 18, 2009

I was reading about cancer research, i'm reading about this topic because its very important to me, both my grandpa and grandma passed away from cancer, and my mom has skin cancer, and we have family friends who have cancer and who have passed away from cancer. I think that cancer is a very sensitive topic, well it is to me. What i read about cancer research today was interesting, i read that they are finding everyday changes to prevent breast cancer, it said thatAlong with age and family history, diet and physical activity are important risk factors for breast cancer. And cancer experts say it’s important to focus on the factors you can control. 

“We know that for breast cancer that develops after menopause -- which is by far the most common type -- maintaining a healthy weight and avoiding weight gain, being physically active every day, and limiting or avoiding alcohol, all seem to lower risk substantially,” explains AICR Nutrition Advisor Karen Collins, MS, RD.   

No comments: